The HNC/HND in Graphic Design will enable you to develop your creative ability and technical graphic skills, allowing you to determine the career path you wish to take. The course is delivered via a combination of practical workshops, lectures, one-to-one tutorials and field trips to galleries and museums. You will engage in creating your own portfolio and will have the choice to specialise within a discipline of your choice, such as illustration, digital media, advertising or typography.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and skills in the field of graphic design
- Develop higher-level skills in a graphic design context
- Develop range of skills and techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
- Ability to manage the delivery of various media and design projects
- Demonstrate critical awareness and ability to research and synthesize complex information
- Ability to communicate and present information and ideas in various forms
- Develop ability to handle information.
There are no exams on this course as your work is assessed primarily by coursework. Here’s how we assess your work:
- project presentations
- research and developmental work
- design portfolios
- written essays or reports