UK Visa Requirements:
All international students who want to study in the UK are required to get a student visa (Tier 4). This type of visa is only available to full-time university students pursuing a degree in the UK, and not short-term or language courses.
Students of following nationalities do not need a visa for study in UK:
- The European Union
If you are from any other country, you are likely to need a visa.
Anyone who is planning to study in UK is required to have a visa in order to stay in the country for an extended period of time. Education requirements for UK are determined by your nationality and the country that you have citizenship in.
Arriving in the UK:
When you arrive at passport control here in the UK, you should expect Border Force officers to ask you simple questions about your studies or your stay in the UK
You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:
- have been offered a place on a course
- can speak, read, write and understand English
- have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
- are from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
- meet the other eligibility requirements
Student visa requires you to carry a lot more documents than you would for a tourist visa, by comparison. You need the mandatory documents along with supporting documents of financial and academic records. Make sure you refer the documentation below before going to the consulate for the study visa interview.